Thursday, March 1, 2012

An Idea Used Before


Over the summer, when I was commuting to the Fashion Institute of Technology for my Experimental Media class, I had a lot of free time waiting on the train. All I really used my 2 hours a day on the train doing was listening to music, and doodling.

This is one of the doodles I created in July of 2010, on the train:\






Over February Break, my family and I went to a fine arts museum in Springfield Massachusetts. At that museum I saw a piece that reminded me a lot of my doodle I made on the train. 

And here it is:

"Composition Distraite" Pierre Courtin 1921



What I wanted to portray with this blog entry was that if an artist in the 1920's can create an idea, and then almost a decade later another artist can create something very similar, then isn't there some kid of connection?

I think that all artists can come up with a lot of the same ideas, it is how the artist executes them that makes them different.







No comments:

Post a Comment