Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Full Border


Today I created the border of my plate design. I have already shown you what I drew out which is this:




Then I took a picture of it and uploaded it to Adobe Illustrator to Live Trace. So it would be easy to just fill with color. 


However the Live Trace didn't work, so I decided to go over my lines with the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator. I only went over one part of my design because it is just the same shape repeated.



After that I just copy and pasted my design into Adobe Photoshop and made it into my pattern and arranged the shapes into what I had in mind and got this. I then warped the shapes and created an arc, since I am making a circle.



I put the arcs arranged in a circle and got my plate border!



And once that was done I just made a smaller one, representing the salad and dinner plates.



Today was supposed to be a mentor meeting, but sadly Brooks is not here. If she is tomorrow I will definitely show this all to her, and I am sure she will comment and critique me on my work!

I am happy I was so productive!!! Woohoo




1 comment:

  1. I like all of these borders. You're so talented. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete