Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Finale of Art


"Heading Sutra #28" Erin Endicott




These baby clothes were the first thing I saw when I walked into the gallery. It was amazing to see such detail and hard work go into a blouse that would soon be on a baby to wear. I realized after thinking about it, that it is art and should be praised
"Heading Sutra #29,#25,#26" Erin Endicott
"Heading Sutra #24" Erin Endicott





































A Collection created by Diem Chau that consists of porcelain teacups and plates with organza laid over and then stitched with thread.

I thought it was an ingenious idea, executed very well.

My favorites of the collection are "Shadow" and "Legacy".
"You And I" Diem Chau
"A Rose By Another Name" Diem Chau
"Cheongasm" Diem Chau
"Shadow" Diem Chau
"Ruby Slippers" Diem Chau
"Legacy" Diem Chau



"Offering" Diem Chau




What I loved about Flore Gardner's collection of vintage pictures with stitching over them,
was that they made it look so easy. The ideas that led to these final pieces must have seemed
crazy to anyone listening but I absolutely love their work. "Rain" is my favorite where all the light blue thread is stitched everywhere except for what is under the umbrella. It is hard to see in the picture but it was magnificent to see in person.
"Spectres [tall stitched figure]" Flore Gardner
"Rain" Flore Gardner


"Hairy Baby" Flore Gardner
"Hair, George(tte)" Flore Gardner
"Eyes [Red Stitch]" Flore Gardner
"Eyes [Couple]" Flore Gardner






 All of these pieces of work were inspirational. I plan on maybe using a vintage photo and making my own version of Gardner's work.

All of these artists are completely original and I hope to be like one of them someday in the near future.








No comments:

Post a Comment