Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Beginning of my Passion


Last year, in my junior year of highschool, I took a fashion fundametals class with Mrs. Brooks. I started the year off with simple sketchbook work and sewing projects just like anyone else. What I didn't know was that Mrs. Brooks saw my talent and chose to challenge it. One day while I was sketching one of my homeworks, she came up to me, gave me  a couple textiles with flowers on them and told me to render the entire them. I had no idea what she was doing so I just did what she had said and rendered it as good as possible. I showed her what I had done and she said that I had talent and would do extraordinary in the major she pursued. Which indeed was Textile and Surface Design. Mrs. Brooks attended FIT so she knew exactly what they were looking for, and she knew that one day they would be looking for me. Mrs. Brooks is the reason why I know what I want to do for the rest of my life. Some people never figure it out, and I was lucky enough to be guided by her and find my passion in highschool. I am very grateful for Mrs. Brooks and plan on pursuing my passion for art and design at The Fashion Institute of Technology.

Rendering #1

Rendering #2

No comments:

Post a Comment